Maryland Department of Labor Benchmarks of Success - Employers Video Highlights - Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Secretary Kelly Schulz, Dept. of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (DLLR)
Interview Host: Welcoming Remarks/ Introduction of Secretary Schulz (Part 3)
Question: What do the Benchmarks of Success mean for our revised state plan and how has it impacted the constituencies of Maryland’s lawmakers
Secretary Schulz’s Response/Highlights:
- Benchmarks’ Vision: Increasing the earning capacity of Marylanders by maximizing access to employment, skills, credentialing, life management skills and supportive services.
- Highlighting the Targeted Populations:
- English language learners
- Individuals with disabilities, including youth with disabilities
- Homeless individuals
- Low income individuals (TANF and SNAP recipients)
- Individuals who are unemployed, including the long-term unemployed
- And others
- Discussion about the Benchmarks in depth – highlighting specific milestones set forth in the five goals.
- Demonstrating Progress: List the audiences we have hit so far and success stories.