Maryland Department of Labor Benchmarks of Success - Employers Video Highlights - Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Secretary Kelly Schulz, Dept. of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (DLLR)
Interview Host: Welcoming Remarks/ Introduction of Secretary Schulz (Part 1)
Question: Could you provide a brief background about WIOA and Maryland’s Combined Plan?
Secretary Schulz’s Response/Highlights:
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act passed by Congress in 2014 for each of the states to create a new workforce system
- Combined State Plan – inclusive of other state agencies
- Who do we want to include to break down silos?
- What is our ultimate goal? To create opportunities.
- Maryland State Department of Education
- Department of Human Services
- Unemployment Insurance
- Senior Community
- Department of Housing and Community Development