Register with Maryland Workforce Exchange and Enter Your Work Search Contacts in the Reemployment Exchange (REX) System - Unemployment Insurance
Register with Maryland Workforce Exchange
Under Maryland law, you must register with Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) to maintain your eligibility for benefits. The Division of Unemployment Insurance requires that you register upon filing your claim unless you are exempt from work search. You must complete your registration and maintain a current resume on MWE in order to apply for jobs. If you are unable to register online, you may register in person. Select LOCATE AN AMERICAN JOB CENTER to find the nearest location.
- Select NEW REGISTRATION if you are a first time user.
- You may find some of your information has been pre-filled from the initial claim you filed. Review and correct any information necessary.
- Select the link “Individual” under Option 3 Create a New Account.
- Follow the instructions to complete your registration.
Enter Your Job Contacts in the Reemployment Exchange (REX) System
Effective Sunday, December 3, 2017, each claimant who is required to make an active search for work is required to make a minimum of three (3) valid job contacts per week to retain UI benefit eligibility unless exempt from work search. You must enter your job contacts in the new Reemployment Exchange (REX) Module. However, before doing so, you must be registered with MWE. The new Reemployment Exchange (REX) Module in MWE will allow you to enter your weekly job contacts and retain this information as your permanent work search record. If you have completed your registration, please follow the instructions below to enter your job contacts in REX.
- Select Sign In if you are already registered.
- Enter your username and password under the tab Option 1 Already Registered.
- On the left menu in MWE, select “Services for Individuals.”
- Select the “Unemployment Services” link to enter your job contacts in REX.
- Select the Work Search Log link to enter your job contacts in REX.
For additional information, select “How to Enter Job Contacts on REX” instructions.
If you are unable to sign in using the links above, select: Maryland Workforce Exchange.
If you need further assistance registering with the Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) or entering your job contacts in the Reemployment Exchange (REX) Module, please contact a claim center by telephone Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Phone numbers can be found on the Claim Center Telephone Numbers page.